PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2010, 17:15
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you everyone!!

Hello Brothers,

Firstly i would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words and advice.

I hope my journey will be of some help to some of you and if not it just shows that there is many ways to achive the same goal but you have to try.

I would like to share some of my past with you guys just to show what experiences i have had to date. I have had allot of PM's asking about my past. so here it is.

Like all of you i had a passion from a early age and i managed to get work experience at Coventry airport but instead of being paid for sweeping the hangar or polishing aircrafts i asked to be paid in flying hours. That was my first taste of flying at 15 years of age.

I went baack in the summer to do the same again but thought that by doing this i would never be able to get my PPL. So after my G.C.S.E's i got a job at BHX loading bags but this was seasonal work but saved every penny and by the end of my Season i had enough to do my PPL so went to the States.

I got my FAA PPL and multi engine rating. I came back home and joined back at the airport as a passenger services agent for a compay at BHX. I worked up to a supervisr but wanted to go into dispatch to tranfered and worked there for a while and was sometimes covering ops supervisor role.

I wanted to do something big as i thought i had enough experience of working at the airport. So i managed to get on a foundation degree course as i was a mature student by now. I transfered to Manchester working at the airport for the same company. So i asked the manager to give me 4 night shifts 7PM to 7AM and after work i would go straight to uni. To my suprise i passed my foudation year. And chose Aeronautical engineering as my main degree. I studied for the the next 3 years but changed my job which was to work in ops for an airline that no longer exists under the same name. But all the time i would do 4 night shifts and study in the day and do my homework and coursework in the office.

After Uni i left my job at the airline and worked for a space agency company but didnt really fit in with the rest so left 7 months later and got a engineering job for an oil and gas company.

I saved every penny by myself and never borrowed any to fund my training.

After being made redundant i tried to get another job but couldnt so i decided that i had enough money and go and complete my flight training.

And so in September 2009 i got my CPL/ME/IR/MCC with a total of 284 hours. But after finishing i tried for any flying and non flying job i could find. But nothing came through so after 4 months of trying i decided to use the last of my savings to come here.

So thats my story guys. Crap i know but it's my story!!

I dont have enough money to do a type rating i wish i did but havent. I dont want to burden my family for the money as this is my path and i need to get up by myself when i fall.

Thanks for the heads up Jesus much appriciated for your post and thanks for the email address.

But again everyone thank you all for reading i hope you are all well, where ever you may be!!

GodSpeed!!