PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF A380 rejected take off YMML
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 10:58
BeerBaron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah ha now I get it - you guys are racist.

Qantas has a technical delay and keeps the passengers on board for 5 hours blaming US security requirements - and you guys swallow it.

Tell me, did it take 5 hours for the pax to go through security in the first place? No, of course not. One response above mentions the requirements and it certainly seems like less than an hour. Just think - these pax have already been through security how long did that take? It'll take the same time again.

So to me the real reason is a Qantas requirement, that's all. The security requirement is a smokescreen. Five hours on the ground? Are you kidding me? How could that possibly be blamed on security requirements?

Story: Qantas aircraft aborts takeoff. Repairs take longer than expected. Crew run out of hours. Where in this story is the security requirement? The pax should've been offloaded and when the delay exceeded x hours and put up in hotels. End of story.

Blaming the US in this case is racist. They have security requirements which might add 20 minutes to a boarding time over and above normal boarding times. That's it. To say they add 5 hours is cr@p.

Get a grip. This is Qantas mismanagement and Airbus typical, well known and previous history failures.

I suspect what really happened was a rolling delay. Crew returned to gate, told it might take a couple of hours to fix, then told just an hour longer, etc, etc. Meanwhile they did the right thing and loaded extra booze and turned on the flight entertainment system. At some point crew duty became an issue and they pulled the plug. At no stage was US security requirements an issue.

Morons