PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Oz Firing Up
Thread: V Oz Firing Up
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 01:56
Red Jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- doing essentially the same job in the new start should be smart enough to demand similar remuneration as is on offer at the place down the road that has been around for a bunch of years.
You can be as "smart" as you like, but unless you're sitting across the negotiating table, you cannot negotiate!! Or, to put it differently, unless you get yourself "inside" and accumulate collective bargaining power, you are just a wannabe, that reckons reality "should" be different to what it actually is.

Everyone can (and should) work out for themselves the math, with regard to the merits of accepting lower overall conditions in order to gain a quicker Command position. My attempt at cracking these numbers led me to the choice that I made. I am in my forties now, but if I had been in my early twenties faced with the same equation, clearly the outcome would have been different. Perhaps it is a good idea to refrain from making assumptions with regard to how others have come up with a different answer to your own.

Anyways, VA appear to be holding together with very good loads and improving yield. It's a great place to come to work, we can feed our families and the future looks bright! Get over it people