PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airframe Icing
Thread: Airframe Icing
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2009, 18:27
debiassi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airframe icing

If i'm in Ice pellets, i'm not icing up am I.
Im not sure if your joking now but I actually think your being serious? Just to clarify, are you sure your not mistaking ice pellets for hail or ice crystals?

If you are being serious then I would question your credentials. I would be amazed if a B1900 pilot would have such a distinct lack of knowledge in IFR and cold weather operations. i will actually bite my tongue here and allow you time to reflect on what you have put in text.

For consideration.

FAA Issues Urgent Reminder to Air Carriers Regarding Operating in Ice Pellet/Snow Conditions

December 21, 2005
On December 21, 2005, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) issued a reminder to airlines, charter operators and FAA inspectors that operating in ice pellet conditions with anti-icing fluids on the critical surfaces of an aircraft is contrary to FAA guidance and policy expressed in two FAA Notices:The FAA stated that the Agency does not have sufficient data at this time to approve such operations; therefore, such operations are considered to be potentially hazardous. NBAA urges all Part 135 certificate holders to review their flight release procedures and anti-ice/de-ice programs to ensure they are in full compliance with FAA regulations and guidance.
FAA Warning: Anti-Ice/De-Ice Programs – Operating in Ice Pellets and Heavy Snow