PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft Crash in Whitsundays
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2009, 11:19
McDooz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah was Stevo; rear window escape my big fat bum. Try the left side window in the door after it wouldn't unlock...

650' agl cough splutter, fan stops, sweat starts, 1st thought is turn back, 2nd thought is bugger not gonna make it, 3rd thought is pull the bloody lever. Plane was still doing a reasonable forward speed on contact and flipped endish for end. Pulled the raft, floated until nearby boats got there. Minor neck/shoulder injuries and cuts from glass.

Not saying that's what happened here but SLS had a history of fuel flow and starvation issues as well as CHT probs. Many a man-hour has been wasted fixing stupid mechanical "shouldn't-happens" on that biatch. I had a couple of no-gos in that thing thanks to fuel. I bloody wish they'd leave turbos to Kenworth Trucks and WRXies.

Many lucky factors here, could have happened at 25,000' over the Outback or worse. I don't like to say here and you can't really argue but not too many would know the Cirrus better than him; that plane he actually owned.

McDooz.