PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 14:31
massiveheed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right, if you are conidering the current CTC Easyjet offer please please please read this and consider your position carefully.

The latest contract in basic terms after paying for a type rating in the region of £28000 will offer pay based on BLOCK HOURS only. You will not be paid for duty hours, sick pay, holiday, loss of licence, positioning and I believe night stops. Many of you may be aware of what the implication of this is but incase you are not please read on.

If (as many of the cadets who have been on per day contracts have found out over the last summer period) you fly in the region of 350-400 hours over 6 or 7 months.The new per block hour contract works out AFTER TAX at around 1100 per month. You will be very unlikely to do the 900 hours promised . So 1100 per month to service an enormous loan , rent, petrol, car food?? If you're still interested consider the following.

Day one position to Berlin (nopay)
day two berlin venice berlin (block hours about 3.5)
day three position home.

three days work for the some total of £70 after the 28000k loan repayment is deducted.

Please fogive me Some of these figures are rough but are close to the mark. I am a former CTC cadet, if this had been offered to me I would have found it very hard to say no if I had had no flying, and no way of paying my loan. But if you believe nothing that I have written above believe this.

This contract will put you further in debt, you will not be able to clear any debts unless you create new ones on credit cards and overdrafts whilst paying the banks off. That debt if you have not learnt already brings a lot of stress and anxiety.

On the old traditional EZY/CTC contract of six months 1000 per month and then cadet fo pay of 28000 rising to 36000 after unfreezing my licence I still owe over half my original loan and have nearly paid off all the credit cards and overdrafts. this is three years after joining EZY This is significantly more than any of you will get on this.

Get together with your fellow cadets, agree to all say no. They (CTC and EZY) need you. But sign the contract and you are screwed.

Sorry for the gloomy warning at Christmas but you cannot sign such a slave contract.