PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL - 2
Thread: LIVERPOOL - 2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 00:44
al446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shambles

Just got back from AMS on EZY7008. The delay I could handle, it was only just over an hour but what got me was having to sit on the A/C for well over an hour, the flight on next stand was even longer. Why? LPL had not bothered to de-ice the apron so flights could land but near apron was a skating rink so the wait was due to having to wait for stand to be de-iced then groind handling refused to work, quite rightly, as it was unsafe underfoot. Ended up with firemen having to de-ice and clear a path for pax in next A/C to get to the terminal then the head of airport services driving a bus to the bottom of the steps (x1) to get us to the terminal. I got the impression he was far from used to driving a bus never mind in ice conditions and had very little idea of where he was going.. Then we had the baggage fiasco. No information came up on the baggage reclaim screens, the bags going round on carousel we had watched for 10 mins turned out to be some of the people next door, locked door between but viewable through the glass screen.
I realise conditions are harsh but there is no excuse for this lack of foresight, or good practice, to de-ice at the appropriate time.

Thank you LPL for creating a greater delay than the loco I flew with.

I thank the captain for his continual briefings, I am sure he was as concerned as us.