PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 26th Jun 2002, 13:34
MPT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Silicone,

Agree with both Buitenzorg and Nigel (on D & G), have applied to both myself to no avail. I have found out a few things myself by talking to guys in both companies.

Bristows have advertised in Friday's "Australian" (you should be able to get a copy in Kununurra on Saturdays) a couple of times this year. Apart from the advertised requirements of ATPL(H) subjects, IREX pass, 500hrs PIC minimum and NVFR, if you are over 30 yrs old or have much over 1000hrs, forget it!! You are not deemed to be cojoe material in their books.

As for CHC Australia, they employed a bunch of cojoes this year also, but did so from within and from their resume file I believe. Their requirements are pretty much the same, but they are not as ageist (?) as Bristows and have the option of putting you into one of their singles (B206B's out at Moomba, B206L's around the traps) for a while to build PIC time to enable you to fulfil client requirements before moving into the command seat of a twin. Bristows cojoes remain cojoes for the duration of their employment! Probably worth getting into CHC's resume file if that's the way you want to go.

Helicopters Australia recently advertised for copilots for their ESSO contract, but I believe they have filled the available positions.

Feel free to drop me an email if you need any more info.

Cheers,

MPT

PS Wouldn't mind a B206 or AS350 job myself (or a B47, or a H300 or a .......)