PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 20th Dec 2009, 22:41
Weather Map

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Midman

In the eighties and ninties there was the role of Fleet Director .They still flew as crew mostly to check out the CSD/PSR but they were part of the seniority list and flying agreement.It was a more friendly type of crew manager .However BA felt that the Performance Management of crew wasn't strong enough so the role changed to MCS (Manager Customer Service)some had flown so came in new to BA they were not part of the flying agreement. A slightly tougher stance was taken.

I can understand what you say and do agree in principle with you .However putting it into practice won't work (just my opinion) .

The problem with the crew community is winging is part of the culture it always has been and always will be.I would say most crew don't even like their CSD's on the day.It is part of the culture.When i was on Longhaul you would often see the CSD having breakfast by themselves.I have seen pretty nasty behaviour towards CSD's /PSR's who performance manage onboard crew don't like it .The easy way out now for crew is "your a bully"

I would say it's not all the crews fault as one day they fly with a CSD who cares the next they fly with another who doesn't the poor cabin crew have to fit in on the day .I think that the CSD's and PSR's who are not peforming properly should be weeded out as it all starts from there.

There should be more of a set standard how procedures on board are followed .If you have a miserable CSD who does not question crew they think they can get away with it and so on this the makes it harder for the CSD that does want to do the job properly.

IFS is a mess in BA.Take BMI cabin crew the enviroment is much more polished especially with SEP and uniform standards etc.Crew are not managed properly that is the problem.Please don't get me wrong cabin crew need to be managed in a supportive caring way beating someone with a stick is NOT the correct approach .However cabin crew need to take onboard that they work for BA .BA does not work for them .