PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 20th Dec 2009, 21:22
Jadzia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a non-CC BA worker and have been lurking around here for quite some time.

As others have pointed out on here this Union appears to be a cult now. There is little that anyone can say or do to change the minds of the militants. Some more reasonable people have seen the light and will be unlikely to vote yes next time.

We need to start afresh. We need to get rid of this cancer that is ruining this company and has brought our once proud community into public shame.
Well said!

But I don't think that many Cabin Crew will be changing their mind. If the second ballot will go ahead, I'll expect a very strong YES result once again. BASSA have been brainwashing crew very well and I believe that CC will be even more militant than before.

Passengers will think twice before booking with BA, as our future is very uncertain at this stage. I'm not recommending BA to friends anymore and I've stopped selling Hotlines to them, as I couldn't bear the thought of them being stuck in IA or unable to go on holiday because of this very selfish fraction of our company. I used to be very proud of working for BA, but have become very embarrassed of what has become of it. Not only that the strike threat has given us a bad name, but the recent change of our inflight product make us look rather poor, too.

I wonder where the union was when they'd changed the sarnies to birdseed bags?! Doesn't it make the CC look ridiculous and a target for abuse from passengers? Customer at the heart of the business? Customer = person who pays for our wages???