PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 19th Dec 2009, 00:31
Dreamshiner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read a lot on here in 5 years to make me feel disgusted, this takes the biscuit.

Oxford are aligning with this why? ... that's a question that has to be answered. Surely its to ensure an adequate number of people apply for the zero to hero course with the glimmer of a potential job at the end. They must feel it offers them an edge in the current climate, an additional marketing tool if nothing else. Makes them appear to have connections and one of the few avenues available. For a school that prides itself on not being the cheapest but the best/high standards etc. it is appalling.

Problem is that with 115 applying for 20 places its in demand. The fact that its attached to Oxford is maybe not the best barometer if you were to take a cross section of the past and present students and how they have funded their training and their attitude when so many feel they eclipse their contemporaries who go via other means (granted this is a generalisation from my experiences of Oxford candidates and does not cover all). Put the option to the same number of modular pilots, I can guarantee 115 wouldn't apply.

I hope an OAA executive reads this and re-evaluates their position, because they are doing a disservice to the industry and their future customers.