PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHFNI Stories!
Thread: SHFNI Stories!
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2009, 15:55
Tiger_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fat Sharon was at Omagh in PuF(NI) days. I dont think that she ever attended the 'Ranks of the services' lessons in recruit training. However she could do her job as Buzzard very well, and that is all that seemed to matter.

For me:

Heli-Lilly as a USL from EGAA direct to hook. 'Big mistake' crew discuss options: 1) Return to EGAA and attach strop whilst looking like a dick. ..or 2) continue to Dunganon at no more then 40kts. It was a pleasant day for sightseeing

Nobby & 'Roger' having a fight in the cockpit because Roger was quoting the line from the conduct after capture video: Argh Sheila; I think I will F*** her myself. Nobbies GF was Sheila and he had never seen the vid, so had no idea.

Watching the end of a video at BBK and the middle a few days later and the beginning whenever.

Steak & Kidney pie inflights, from TSW.

'JTMS is the Son of Satan' as a PC screensaver when he has no idea how to change it. Activating auto spell check ammendments when PC left online.

Watching a Haflinger USL fall to bits en-route. Nobby (again) departs normal locstat to look down the hole whereupon he gets vertigo! Misses out on watching the 5 steel poles hidden in the canvas role up (& now undone) making like javelins earthbound. A military reg plate survived 40+ miles spinning around the sole remaining rivet.

Post Ballygawley bomb, & lots of family transits. Gap between very early start and final sortie spent in 72 Crewroom. The Petshop Boys seemed to be breaking through on the HF, I'm sure thats were it came from ! T_M starts to bait Nobby (again) and whilst reading several day(s)-old papers over a brew starts to state random comments along the lines of:
"I dont know, the Petshop Boys" a few mins later
"Next thing he'll do is buy a VW Golf GTI" -"-
"A red one" -"-
"And then he'll park it outside a hairdressers shop" -"-
"and change his name by deedpoll"
all of which (over about an hour) got no response at all, and by now the 72 guys are arriving for morning brief, and OC 72 is walking down the corridor
"TO NIGEL!"
Nobby arises from his seat, picks T_M up by the ankles, and starts to literally kick his head in. OC 72 puts his head in, and removes it quickly without seeing a thing.

Telling Lance I had just seen a babe PSNI chick on camp only to hear that she was his wife