PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 18th Dec 2009, 12:29
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As long as some short sighted individual is willing to shell out 34k for a rating and, MAYBE 6mths (say 400hrs) on type, whilst ignoring the fact that experienced F/O's laid off by XL /Sterling/Skyeurope etc are being systematically ignored by Ryan & Easy in preference to taking another blokes 34k, there will be no end to this nonsense.
How anyone can have the lack of imagination (or conceit?) to think that he/she is a marketable prospect with a handful of hrs on type , when the market is flooded with experienced folk, is beyond me.
How you can convince yourself, your bank, or your parents that this is anything other than futile amazes me. Or do the little lambs really believe that Easy are going to keep them in preference to taking more dosh ?

Like taking candy from a baby.

At least with Ryanair they are given a (not wonderful) Brookie contract, and even if their hrs go down once they pass the 500JAR hr mark, at least they remain in "employment" (of sorts) Still cr@p, but not on the scale of this insult to the profession Easy are adding to the previous CTC merde.
As prev posters have said, this is only the beginning, further self prostitution at all career levels looks like the future, think I would be better moving into wholesale distribution of vaseline, THAT is the future growth area in aviation.