PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 00:54
Wing_Bound_Vortex

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
That'll teach me to post after having a few beers! It was simply to say there are worse ways to earn some money! They've offered it before.

BMRR i'm very well mate, and echo your thoughts totally, it used to be a good deal when we went through, it's getting sh*tter by the minute now and a stand needs to be made. It also requires the current crop of cadets to really consider if they can accept this sort of treatment for the rest of their career, it's a slippery slope, it really is. How are you going to live on that deal??! Honestly....how? If you accept it as "the only game in town" and "the best we can hope for under the circumstances" you're playing into the hands of Cor and co.

I know it's not easy to make a stand, but you must remember as a collective group ( the holding pool and the guys in the training system ) you have CTC's collective nuts in a vice,they do not expect you to do anything other than what they tell you, they don't expect you to stand up for yourselves, try and force them to go back and get a better deal. It's in the best interests of CTC because as soon as it becomes public that CTC Wings cadets are going bankrupt en masse, recruitment to the cadet scheme dries up and they lose the cash flow that keeps the wheels turning.

From our side I strongly support any action that BALPA can command and look forward to seeing the outcome of the current discussions.

CTC and easyJet, you should be ashamed

WBV

Last edited by Wing_Bound_Vortex; 15th Dec 2009 at 01:06.