PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2009, 07:40
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CJD, hang on, hang on. We are singing form the same hymm sheet, I (or the others) am not living in some fantasy land. When has any of us said this is a GOOD deal?? We are not talking about flexi cabin crew work anyway. Its CC work while on a (already agreed to be ****) flexi contract.

Cadets pilots do training. Then work for a bit and get stood down. While stood down they get nothing as they are not working. They then get taken back on. etc etc.
EZY have offered some of them work as CC during part of the period they are stood down. This will only be a couple of months. As we have alluded to already its better than NOTHING. NOT A GOOD DEAL BUT BETTER THAN A KICK IN THE BOOBS (I thought that was fairly clear). Any work paying money is better than earning the square root of **** all.

However the situation that led them to have to take CC work for a couple of months..............! None of us live in fantasy land and think this is a good deal at all! Me personally, I wouldn't do it though as it means they don't need to employ extra cabin crew. Part of me would also worry that if it worked well they would make it a regular plan!

As for your opinion of the view of cadets in the industry, I think most people don't blame the cadets. They blame EZY and CTC. None of this is the fault of the cadets so don't try and lay blame at their door. Unless you want to argue how if none of them accepted the deal etc etc but we would all be here all day....

BMRR, I am good thanks mate. Still trying to drag the odd visual in!!! I will follow your lead I think and email the EZY BALPA CC as this is (the pay for type rating) sounding very much a reality and really really takes the piss!!! I have a worrying feeling we are watching the industry go down the pan!

Edit to add: whoever used to call WWW a doom and gloom merchant, I think you owe him an apology!

Last edited by one post only!; 14th Dec 2009 at 08:04.