PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2009, 23:35
his3dmw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an ex Cadet currently on the flexicrew contract in Lyon, I just thought I should correct an earlier statement of the pay rates and current Loan repayments. It seems that these figures are often deflated and/or inflated respectively usually to paint a more negative picture.

Yes we are currently working 12 days a month, however where £1600 per month came from I do not know. The daily rate is £210 which equates to £2520 per month, which after tax is exactly £1899.69. On top of that is sector pay (mine for this month came to £603) which gives £2502 after tax.

Now then, the last time I checked, the loan repayments were £875/mth. (a bit more if you took the extra for living expenses.) £2502 - 875 = £1627 = £375/wk or £53/day.

I fully agree, this is a fair bit away than some peoples expectations, but it is doable, and theres a slight difference between this and the quoted £500 per month leftover.

I'm not going to comment over the rights or wrongs of the flexi-crew contract, or whether or not I agree with it. There are plenty of people putting the world to rights already. However, I am firm believer that people should be correctly informed rather than being blinded by one sided spin that I find is becoming increasingly common on these forums, often supported by unfounded non-facts.