PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 25th Jul 2009, 21:39
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On that note, the Captain on this flight has had a long history of cancelling flights & causing delays. Customer Service knows when they see his name on the crew dec it's a 50/50 chance the flight will not go, or will go the next day. This Captain has a number of F/O who have placed him on their NoFly list, and everyone knows to be on egg shells around him.
This is garbage! I don't know the chap, but the first two solid statements are sheer gossip and I would say 100% unsubstantiated, bearing no truth whatsoever. So I am reluctant to believe the rest of this character assassination. I have flown with people of similar bad reputation- I never knew of them killing anybody. They got where they did by proving something. He is almost certainly grounded pending review of his decisions- a natural state of affairs for the commander of an aircraft involved in a situation that requires further investigation. Unfortunately some people cannot see this is one of the responsibilities that comes with command.

Lateonarrival- don't overdo the respect! One of those got himself sacked for extraordinary reasons and is unemployed, another abrogates his command responsibilities with some weird 'I am one of you, I am not your Boss!' mission statement.

We will eventually find out what the outcome of the investigation is. I find it dreadful the Pprune courts martial board convenes and find a guilty vote so easily based on very limited (and biased) alleged eyewitness accounts whilst the commander is still having his case investigated. Shame on some of you 'quick draw' judges! I hope similar impatience is shown to you one day. It really is for United management to decide, not some public Roman amphitheatre spectacle of idiotic public holding their thumbs up and down as the instant urge takes them. This person is facing unpleasant accusations, and it seems his main cross to bear is his alleged unpopularity with the cabin crew!