PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 25th Jul 2009, 20:43
epc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All unsubstantiated and completely exaggerated accusations to make against anybody.

The crew and F/Os backed her? They didn't in MIA, did they? Why should they wait until ORD? When I see a case of mud flinging to point a finger of blame, I remember the pointed finger that points both ways. There is indeed a strong suspicion that the rest of the crew have a lot of explaining to do about what I see as their extraordinary behaviour as well.
3 UA employees have posted in this thread.

1 claimed he/she was on the flight.

1 claimed he/she knew the off-loaded purser personally and knew of the captain by internal reputation.

Both backed the purser. But Rainboe doesn't believe them.

Another UA employee claimed that the purser indeed stayed on the fly schedule, while the captain did not. Does Rainboe not believe this one, either?

3 UA emloyees have made many statements. This board is read by many other UA employees. Not a single UA employee has come out and contradicted anything these 3 employees has said.

3 UA employees and air transport industry news have all reported that only the captain was removed from fly schedule by the company, which is the only entity that knows the history of either individuals involved, and can interview the 2 FO's and other crews on board.

This entity has 4 options: 1) keep both flying; 2) keep both on the ground; 3) keep only the purser on the ground; and 4) keep only the capt on the ground. It chose to do 4), the one that most prejudicial to the capt.

That says a lot.

I am not passing any personal judgment on the capt. I am only noting that others who know the capt professionally better than even you, Rainboe, have passed a judgment, which is to immediately stop him from flying.