PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 25th Jul 2009, 19:31
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The monday morning quarterback second guessers, who infest every thread around here with their insistence on commenting on everything they have no experience, insight, understanding or knowledge of, needs to be told they are just that.
Thank you, words I could not have expressed better myself. Any idiot with a keyboard here suddenly decides he is well qualified to comment and criticise anybody, and make it public! In this case, a specific target is mentioned and known. It is not black and white- he was not caught with a smoking gun standing over a dead body. Nobody has given him any benefit of doubt that maybe in his case he took a right decision that fitted him and kept everybody safe and sound- what is actually meant to be the only priority!

LovestoflyPurser makes an impassioned accusation against him
On that note, the Captain on this flight has had a long history of cancelling flights & causing delays. Customer Service knows when they see his name on the crew dec it's a 50/50 chance the flight will not go, or will go the next day. This Captain has a number of F/O who have placed him on their NoFly list, and everyone knows to be on egg shells around him. Yes, I have flown with him, no I am not a dinousaur (nor do I hope to be called one even when I'm 60 & still flying ) Sorry, I have a wonderful husband who makes great money, but I really love what I do! I do love the flying & have fun with my PAX (I even married one)

I know the Purser & she is well respected by all and I am not surprised that the crew & F/O's backed her.
All unsubstantiated and completely exaggerated accusations to make against anybody.

The crew and F/Os backed her? They didn't in MIA, did they? Why should they wait until ORD? When I see a case of mud flinging to point a finger of blame, I remember the pointed finger that points both ways. There is indeed a strong suspicion that the rest of the crew have a lot of explaining to do about what I see as their extraordinary behaviour as well.