PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar forces wheelchair passenger to crawl across tarmac
Old 27th Nov 2009, 05:14
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
j3pipercub
I'm getting bored of the notion that the majority should change for a minority.
Who said that they need to? You and I don’t need to do a thing. Jetstar and Tiger though need to change their policy.
You talk about short turn arounds and how this doesn't allow wheelchair passengers enough time to transfer at the gate. Why should Jetstar have to make their turnarounds longer and as a result increase their airfares for a minority?
Where have I said Jetstar or Tiger for that matter need to increase their turn around times? I haven’t. I have said that they need to provide the necessary resources at the gate to be able to transfer a disabled pax to an aisle wheelchair if the pax should decide to do it there instead of at check in.
Why should I be forced to pay more for someone else's convenience??
Pretty selfish statement to make when we are talking about a group of people who weren’t given a choice to be in a wheelchair in the first place. Chances are though it wouldn’t cost you a cent as the number of times this would be required and catered for is very small compared to the whole operation.