PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar forces wheelchair passenger to crawl across tarmac
Old 26th Nov 2009, 10:07
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boomerang_Butt

So now that you have conceded that it is most likely for commercial reasons Jetstar requires disabled pax to surrender their wheelchairs at check-in, are you telling me it is morally right to profit off the backs of the disabled because this is exactly what they are doing. Why should there be a new law dictating what is essentially a morality issue. We should all know what is right or wrong. Do you honestly need the government to hold your hand for everything? Ryanair and Southwest, two of the most profitable LCC’s in the world have chosen that it isn’t acceptable but they manage to turn their aircraft around in just as short a time as Jetstar with the same staffing constraints. Maybe Jetstar needs to look at its boarding and ramp handling procedures if it is so frigging hard to put a wheelchair in the bulk cargo compartment at the last minute.

You may think his outburst will be all the public will remember in ten years time but the reality is that the public have short memories for everything.

I accept some may have an issue with Mr Fearnley’s method of delivery but I am god smacked that we are actually here debating the merits or otherwise of Jetstar’s policy.

p.j.m

As for you “p.j.m”, if you are actually in a customer orientated position, you are in the wrong line of work my friend. Your attitude is giving your airline a very bad name.

captaintunedog777
What did JQ knock you back
You’re kidding aren’t you? Why would I want to work for Jetstar? Never applied and never will. Actually that’s not entirely true. I applied to Impulse back in the mid 90’s and actually got the job and I knocked them back, twice.
Get of the JQ bashing bandwagon.
For the record I couldn’t give a rats ar*e which airlines policy it was including my own airline, I would be just as vocal.
This is JQ policy. Get over it. It's their train set.
Sure it may be their train set. It doesn’t make it right though. If people didn’t object to things like this from time to time which is their right under our constitution, change would never happen.
There are plenty of good people at JQ who work under trying conditions
I never said there weren’t. I actually feel sorry for the staff particularly the ones that had to deal with Mr Fearnley on the day. It’s not their fault that Jetstar has such a stupid policy.
If you don't like then f#@$ off.
I’ll just put that down to you debating the man and not the topic.