PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar forces wheelchair passenger to crawl across tarmac
Old 26th Nov 2009, 06:53
777WakeTurbz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
404 Titan

I can understand how this probably did upset him to lose the bit of independence that he has in his wheelchair (He is obviously more independent than some able bodied people without it). But what I think most people are getting at is the scene he has made! For instance, how the hell does he compare it to you or me having our legs tied together, our pants pulled down and being carried through the terminal???

My point was, OK fair enough maybe Jetstars policy isnt politically correct enough for some people with low tolerance levels (extreme in this case), maybe other Airlines have different policies (not really the point though, it is J* policy, even if bad policy for some reason or other).
But again, Right or Wrong on either parties case, his reaction and aftermath was not fair on staff only doing their jobs!

Another thing I dont know and am interested to know, did he not have family traveling with him or not? Why the scene if he had loved ones to help him through his very short deprivation of self propelled transport?

Im sure we can all agree to disagree on this but as much good as the guy has done in life with his situation, my opinion is he has shown what a poor personality he really has!