PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ohhhh dear...Not Again!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2009, 02:46
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Ohhh dear...Not again!!. An Update.

For those that posted, esp Spotlight and Captn IO, and showed an interest in the delightful CASA MO regarding the sorry tail of the Wilga...latest news.

The CASA ICC came to the conclusion that ALL those CASA persons involved be dealt with by the AFP. Prior to his report I had put in my own brief to the AFP for action. Sorry too much: not enough staff and dollars to deal.!
Must have spent it all chasing a Bankcard.

CASAs action to ICC... NIL. Many months later, CASA 2IC, has taxpayer funded "brain-snap" and signs off on ANOTHER (Contracted out) "investigation"... but limited only to the Tarmac Trio... thus protecting the CB office wallies who.."thought they could make this stick".

A couple of months ago I got a whisper that the Comm. Ombudsman had become involved, so I queried this and asked if they could look into why CASA has taken NO action, punitive or legal, against their employees, who have clearly broken the Law, and are still "ops normal" on the public payroll.
Who will be their next victim I wonder?.

Ombudsman is investigating, and to date, have had NO response from CASA because..Dah, dah.!. (trumpets, drum roll!) CASA has bounced it on to the shiny new, CEO inspired, "Ethics & Conduct Committtee". !!

So its the same old, same old.. exactly: the Police "investigating" the Police.

In this day and age Oz Aviation Industry deserves way MUCH better.
But dont hold yr breath.!