PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar forces wheelchair passenger to crawl across tarmac
Old 25th Nov 2009, 10:44
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the bloke needed was a set of wheels to get him to the aircraft. He was offered a set when his own went into the hold, he refused. The bloke is probably more used to international flights as he competes in marathons the world over, and as we all know the turnaround on international flights is far different to domestic.The staff at Jetstar knew who the bloke was and tried to accomodate him, he in turn acted like a turkey, and spat his dummy, and started dragging himself around the airport, which distressed the staff who were only following the airline regulations, which make sense to me, to assist turnaround. In all my years of flying I saw them come on in splints, stroke victims, people with kidney machines, accident cases, and most only cared about going home, and didnt' care if you lowered them thru a window, as long as they were on the aircraft and going home. You can betcha this bloke is now hitched up to Harry M Miller and is looking for publicity good or bad. Sorry 404 add me to your bad books.