PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 16:04
winstonsmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crash and Burn

I think we need to speak to the CAA. If safety is being compromised then how come the legal minimum crew level onboard a 3 Class 777 would be 6 crew? or is it 8 I can't remember.
Required cabin crew on B777 ER Three class is 9.

Also can you please explain why, when previously asked to fly a crew member down, it didn't compromise safety because you were paid a one-down payment.... If it is a safety issue, why didn't you refuse to fly when you were one down.. Why compromise safety to line your own pocket?
A very good question indeed. Money talks.

As the Union will be using safety as a defence come Feb, I am genuinely interested to know the difference between a 1 down payment and working the same level for free??
We will have to wait and see what Miss Malone has to say. A huge embarrassment is to be expected.

Surely the LGW fleet should be grounded right away until the crewing levels can be brought into line with the OLD LHR agreement?
LGW should be grounded immediately if you were to listen to Miss Malone and her brigade. Safety and health were of course not an issue a couple of years ago when BASSA sold LGW down the road to protect their own castle.

Should the crew bases in BHX, GLA and MAN still have existed and BA had wanted to reduce the number of crew on routes operated by those bases, do you think BASSA would have cared? Not for a second if it had protected LHR.