PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel-Air Westwind Ditching off NLK
Old 21st Nov 2009, 11:02
Checkboard

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts
goldy - your post should be more in the line of "Why do I put myself through this, clicking on a link to a discussion about an accident, when I know I will waste some internet space myself complaining that people are actually discussing an accident!"

Westwind aircraft have two storage lockers that are only axcessable[sic] from outside the aircraft. Rafts are never stored here. The raft would have been placed near the door. But with the main door opening on ditching. Chances are it would have moved .I would expect the nose would have sunk quick also. 3 minutes to sink indicates to me that the foward[sic] cabin area would have been under a lot quicker. Add darkness, wave chop.ending up with a lost raft would not be impossible. My guess is they all would have been told to grab there vests. Some may have missed this in the panick.[sic]
Getting your story straight, "truthboy"? Hope you can get the passengers to go along with it ...
Trial by all the 'experts' on PPRuNe. Not one of you 'mavericks' were there at the flight planning, takeoff, cruise, descent or approach phases of flight. Furthermore, not one of you were there during the approaches and subsequent missed approaches. And most importantly, not one of you were there when the two pilots discussed their options and decided on a course of action. Instead, you watch the media hype, make character assessments on him using his cleo photo and then beautifully armchair fly the sector to perfection, passing on what you would have done.
Actually, yes, I am an 'expert', and would be considered so by any court in the land. I am endorsed, with over 1200 hours on this type, have worked for Pel Air in the past, and have been a professional in the industry for over 20 years with 12,000 hours in jet operations around the world, including long over water legs to remote islands (Christmas and Cocos, not Norfolk). Have to say, I haven't commented on the Cleo thing, but I understand it coming up as it isn't a "paparazzi" shot - but something he obviously posed for - so it does have some relevance to his past. I haven't watched the media hype, because I'm not in country at the moment.
Furthermore, not one of you were there during the approaches and subsequent missed approaches.
So, that's investigations sorted then - if you weren't flying the aircraft, you don't know what went on. No need for courts either.
"I'm afraid M'lud, we can't discuss this mugging, as my learned friend the prosecutor wasn't actually involved in beating up the old lady hisself!"

Last edited by Checkboard; 21st Nov 2009 at 11:16.