PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines set to make millions from a380 at full pax capacity
Old 20th Nov 2009, 02:19
muduckace
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee wiz Beaver, that sounds Swell!!

The A380 will only have sucess seasonally in select markets. No Major money maker, just a phaloc symbol.

The 74-8 will slide in to the market, the family has years of experience as a failure during market down turns. But it is more subtle choice for the wise if 4 engines and a large floorplan is your desire.

Granted I hate to see the triple and quadruple engine aircraft see a market challenge to Twin long haul aircraft, It is the future.

I think the Freight side of the market has a place for 4 engine aircraft and will for many years, mass bulk and gross weight is a larger cargo market. The 777 has recently evolved to make a better freighter than the now non production MD-11.

Future markets that may become more demanding of bulk and weight will keep the 4 engine alive far after they are replaced by future 2 engine aircraft. But as is shown in recent history, holding a large fleet of 4 engine freighters is a large liability. I think the first A380f's will be ex-pax birds, used and abused.