PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA8754 Madrid > London City diverted to Stansted last night for 'commercial reasons'.
Old 19th Nov 2009, 20:56
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Rusland 17
Are you really suggesting that BA should maintain ground staff at STN just in case they have to divert LCY-bound flights there?
No, of course not. I am suggesting that they implement the contracts for short notice diversion cover that they undoubtedly have in place.

If it takes more than the sector time to get the transport and staff in place TELL THE PAX. "Ladies and gentlemen, I am told that the extra staff will be on hand to assist you. As I mentioned earlier, a number of flights from London City have been diverted here and so things are rather overloaded and it might take a bit of time. I know how frustrating it is - because myself and the crew are also not where we expected to be! [Note: say that in a light hearted tone] If you do have difficulty, here is the number of BA Citiflyer Customer Services 0800 nnn nnnn. Sorry about all this and I hope you get to your intended destination as soon as possible."

Rusland 17
Neverthess, it hasn't stopped the usual BA-haters from jumping on the bandwagon.
Are you including me in that? For the record, I LOVE flying with BA. The only reason that they are not my first choice in long haul is beacuse of the Dirty Tricks episode when their mgmt first proved (publicly) that they did not understand the new world. Although VS is my first choice of long haul, I would (and have) criticised them in this forum and will do so again if they slip from the heights to which they climbed.

This summer, I went to Italy and Spain (x2) and would have greatly preferred to travel BA but, money considerations meant otherwise. When I went to South Africa, I took them willingly and had a great journey in WT+. On the JNB/CPT/JNB I used their franchisee Comair and had two very good flights. One with the best short haul food I've had in YEARS.I maintain a BA Miles account and continue to actively save for more trips.

Is that a big enough 'BA-hater' for you?