PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA8754 Madrid > London City diverted to Stansted last night for 'commercial reasons'.
Old 19th Nov 2009, 19:18
marlowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Katmarino the staff at STN would be nothing to do with BA, a flight diverting into STN would be an inconveniance to the groundstaff as it would not be part of there sheduled arrivals plan so you cannot expect them to be fully up to speed on what is happening . A fire alarm at LCY, because of its size is always going to cause problems. The assembly point for pax already airside, is out on the ramp area so thats automatically going to stop aircraft movements! Final 3 greens my reference to an Austin Allegro was not a slur on Cityflyer just mearly a light hearted reference to the fact that pax always think that there is an oiled plan ( paxboy refered to it as SOPs) that can swing into place the minute an aircraft diverts, when in reality in can take a fair amount of time to get assets into place and deal with the situation . I am sure that the handling agents at STN did what they could, as quickly as they could, but in reality that diverted aircraft is going to have low priority against the scheduled traffic that they would be expecting to deal with .

Last edited by marlowe; 19th Nov 2009 at 19:48.