PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Last example Avantair......are companies in US out of their freaking minds?!
Old 19th Nov 2009, 09:18
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the aviation job market is not at its best, but slavery was abolished decades ago. We deserve better...
It's not slavery if you CHOOSE to do it.

You can't blame airlines for reducing their costs, all they see is hundreds of eager pilots who are prepared to work for nothing, or even pay for the privilege. Now who is the idiot in that scenario? The companies who minimise their losses, or the pilots who get the gig by being prepared to work for nothing and then whinge and moan about their fate?

Grow up. You made the choice, now live with it.

Oh, and by the way... you don't "deserve" anything. What makes you think that you are automatically entitled to a luxurious lifestyle, just because you happen to have a pilot's licence?

If some of you had any balls at all, you would state your price and if you couldn't get it, you would do something else until the market changes. But the chances of finding a collective spine in the modern pilot workforce are pretty much non-existent...

I just thought I would get that in before 411A discovers this thread...