PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2009, 01:29
blue_side_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few answers...

Will try to shed light on a few questions, but firstly, anyone actually interested in the program should have a thorough read of the company's website before posting the most basic questions. Much can be answered there!

Cathay Pacific - Careers : Careers Home

Applicants are welcome from all parts of the world, Jamaicans included

Hong Kong ID is no longer a requirement. So, by extension, the company is willing to sponsor you for HK employment, should you be successful in the course.

There is no deadline for the program, intake is continuous (as far as I'm aware).

You will receive a reply to your application, either way. However, due to the lifting of HKID restrictions, the ladies/gents in the office are most likely swamped with new applications. Be patient, although I know it's difficult to wait. If you haven't received a reply within a reasonable time (ie: the 8weeks mentioned on the website), do the sensible thing and send a polite email as a follow-up.

Flight experience is not required (see website!). However, those with a full set of licences already (ie: cpl/multi/ir), might be considered too experienced for the program (not sure about this though, sorry).

As for academic credentials, they are listed as requirements. I suspect you must have them prior to application. Again, please see the website for details.

Most of all, to those of you interested, good luck! If aviation really is a passion of yours, you'll find a way to end up in a cockpit if you're determined enough, CX or not!

Last edited by blue_side_up; 16th Nov 2009 at 01:46. Reason: add link...