PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF's Maintenance Outsourcing.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2009, 22:31
Ngineer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
In Sydney Heavy there were plenty of LAME's to supervise the work so such quality issues would never eventuate. At most overseas MRO's, you are sometimes lucky to have more than 1 Lame overseeing work on up to 3 aircraft. This is how their operations become so cheap. A handful of QF LAME's maybe sent but not to "supervise and certify" for local's work in the role of a LAME. That is the responsibilty of the MRO. Besides, not enough QF LAME's are sent over to achieve this.

And staying on the subject of staples, I still can't understand how the hell on Earth can you staple on a aluminium back ?
Not quite sure what you are on about, but rest assured staples were on the EEL lighting power strips.

Most QF LAME's are used to the futile rhetoric of Managers banging the same old drum to the tune of
I can understand the Australian engineers and techs frustration and bitterness to see their parent company send their a/c to another MRO instead of them. But to spread baseless lies and questioning another person's professionalism to protect one's own is simply unprofessional and uncivilized to say the least. Simply childish.
in order to not scare away the travelling public. However as we have worked our system and seen the quality of our own work, then seen the quality of some others in the way they operate, experience speaks alot louder than perception.

Personally, I find it very distasteful and disgusting that such individuals do make these comments based on inexperience. It is a slap in the face to all individuals that worked hard to provide QF and Australians with the Invaluable, but often for-granted safety record they enjoyed up to today. It is almost a suggestion that this record is purely by chance, as every Miantenance organisation operates on the same playing field.... Well we don't.

Last edited by Ngineer; 12th Nov 2009 at 23:17.