PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF's Maintenance Outsourcing.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2009, 14:14
leewan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As Dr Pepz notes, entry into the protected areas of the airport, let alone the aircraft, is prohibited to anyone with a criminal record as they will be screened prior to the issue of the airport pass. It's preposterous to think otherwise. So, that's one BS down.

But Singapore Prisons Co-operative Enterprises (SPICE) might know something about prisoners being deployed in the airline industry.
I've never heard of such an organization in Singapore before. The only official organization involved in the employment of prisoners is SCORE. SCORE - Home
Care to share where you got that info ?

It's been said time and again that the staples were not in the maintenance records and it was not done by the SIAEC guys. These things got discovered 10 months after the a/c left the SIN hangars.
Singapore rejects Qantas claims | The Australian
Couldn't someone from some line station stapled it there during that period? What's the proof that this came from SIN ?
And staying on the subject of staples, I still can't understand how the hell on Earth can you staple on a aluminium back ?

I was there during the period the QF a/c was in the SQ hangar and I clearly remembered a number of QF engineers were there to oversee the work. If that's the case, doesn't it mean that the QF engineers failed in their duty if the allegations are true ?

And do you see SQ a/cs and all the other airlines that send their a/c to SIAEC for that matter falling out of the sky or landing with an explosive decomp etc,etc ? If the work was so substandard, no aviation authority in the world would allow a SQ a/c to fly to their country to pick up pax. All of SIAEC,s certification permits would have been revoked if the allegations were true.

I can understand the Australian engineers and techs frustration and bitterness to see their parent company send their a/c to another MRO instead of them. But to spread baseless lies and questioning another person's professionalism to protect one's own is simply unprofessional and uncivilized to say the least. Simply childish.