PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Flying Clubs
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2009, 09:25
thornycactus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Markzai
Hi,
Fyi, DCA has stopped all flying clubs in johor from new ppl recruitment till late Nov 2009. U can check with them again coming end of the end. I am too interested in getting a ppl from Johor. MOst likely is elite or fras.
DCA stopped foreigners from taking flight training in flying club! I am afraid, it is going to be forever.

Originally Posted by muffs
I'm interested in getting a PPL in Johor too.
If you are a Malaysian, you are most welcome to do flight training in flying clubs. Restriction for foreigners.

Got in touch with FRAS recently and was informed that enrolment would probably begin in Q2 2010.
If you are a non-Malaysian, sorry to say, no such thing! Bull****!

That was based on estimates of current students completing the course.
I suppose, you do not know anything at all! What "based in estimates of current students", these are nonsense.

Originally Posted by Hermie
I've recently enquired and was told to do the application in early 2010. Have you visited the club yet ? I'm thinking of doing so in Dec, for an introductory flight and get to know how the club runs its lessons. Anyone to share their experience with FRAS ?
I visited the club a couple of weeks back on a Saturday but no one was around and the place was locked. I should have contacted them to check first. I'll probably go pay them a visit when enrolment starts.
There is this flying club in Senai, always complaining to DCA that foreigners (majority are Singaporeans) are flying in Johor. I am not going to mention which club. Because of this reason, DCA was so fed up that "block" neighbouring foreigners from flying in Malaysia. So as to say, this is act of the flying flub (his and her) itchy backside. Now, both of you see, why no business for all flying clubs till now! Dead silence like funeral!