PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems with AVG 9.0
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2009, 02:37
Dak Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with AVG 9.0

Has anyone else had problems with AVG 9.0? For the past year I've been happily (aside from small problems with my mobile dialup) using AVG 8.5 and PAYING for it *shudder*.

After upgrading to 9.0 things started to get squirrily on both of my PC's - a laptop for work running XP and a desktop with Windows 7.

The main issue on the desktop was with iTunes. Every time I tried to download stuff, the download failed and then Win 7 reports that nothing can start from the desktop due to resource issues and the network connection would hang. 4GB of Ram and a 1TB hard drive means that this isn't the case. A reboot would eventually be needed at which point I would need to force a restart.

The laptop nearly ended up in Yokohama bay last week as I tried to access a pdf file and the bloody thing locked up numerous times (I was in the middle of conducting an inspection on the dockside and REALLY needed the data). Then I found that Word and Excel were doing the same sort of thing.

The only thing I've changed recently was the upgrade to AVG 9.0, so as an experiment I uninstalled it from both and everything is as sweet as a sweet thing. Everything works fine now so one can only assume that AVG 9.0 was the culprit.

Anyone else experiencing similar trials with AVG? I'm planning to go a bit hatstand with them, but would like to know I'm not alone

Cheers in advance.

JC