PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Batavia Air
Thread: Batavia Air
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2009, 17:41
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CFM56,
Now now, no need to be slanderous. With Captains who still fly there preferring to do his take off numbers using the LDA, or not knowing how the IRS and NAV correction work causing them to end up trying to land elsewhere, at times flying on the Airbus with 1 IR only, frequent structural MTOW busts... no, I didn't get fired from Batavia, I don't even want to go there! It won't be my cup of tea for a while. And that explains why the CCP and several Ops guys moved out of there recently.

Of course, to top it all off, their A330 spilled its gut fluid (HYD) allover the tarmac till the reservoir was dry during the proving flights...

But, as someone said, it's all up to each of us to decide... enjoy or loathe or regret it... each of us is different in what we look for. No need to be defensive about it. 27th of August until today isn't a long time, and probably not enough for you to know the nooks and crannies of the airline yet, so no point in claiming otherwise.

Here's an advise for you to stay alive, paper numbers and reality needs to be crosschecked often at Batavia, unless you're the type who look forward to flying with the local guys who flies 140hrs a month on dual log books... well, if they never tell you, won't be surprised.

And for pay wise, other shops pay locals 1.5x or even double the "expat Cpt pay" in Batavia. Heck, what the local leftseaters get for hourly flight pay is equivalent to what the junior cabin crew earn in another airline!

And as to:
It seems like you got fire from Batavia.
Well, seems that the fire I'm getting from Batavia is from you. ICAO lvl 4 my good ol' chap?

I hope your presence there will weed out the ones who should have been fireD, and bring better pay and conditions into Batavia.