PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renewing MEP and MEIR
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2009, 09:29
flyhighspeed300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"required the ratings to be already valid"

I was in the same situation a couple of months ago, which you were Flashheart II . I was looking at either renewing my IR-SPA-ME or getting an instructor rating.

If you get offered an interview with an airline after applying and applying, they will expect you to have all the current ratings and Medical. the resaon why is you are expected to pass the interview+ tech side and the simulator test.
this is done by flying or by flying in the sim every so offeren to keeping yourself current. (e.g. remember flybe want 50hours worth of flying in the last 12 months and they can very easy get it)
anyway back to the main question
when you do a type rating the requirements are the same as doing the MCC course, you need a current MEP & IR-SPA-ME otherwise you cannot start the type rating course.
Rememeber if someone else is current and flying regularly they are more of a likley choice than someone who not.

http://www.oaa.com/pages/training_co...R_Saab2000.pdf

this is a page from oxford aviation website about type rating. you can see even a SAAB 2000, requirements need both a IR-SPA-ME and the MEP ratings.

Type Rating Cessna Citation Jet CJ CJ1 CJ2 C525 CJ525 Beech King Air BE200 TRTO
this is a king air class rating. need a current mep rating & IR-SPA-ME for first rating. every company will fly IFR on these a/c.

the cost of renewaling the MEP & IR-SPA-ME isn't too much. i know someone who did it in one flight without no practice, cost around £750 for both.
because your IR-SPA-ME rating is lasped you will have to fly, but you can do the MEP rating together. the renewal isn't as hard as the initial.
i would estimated it costing you from £750-£2000 max in renewaling them both in the a/c and inculding examiners fee as well.

hope the information helps