PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 15:22
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"SCAB", "PARASITES". Some of you guys really need tone down the aggression a bit if you want to be taken seriously.

Ever heard of the word SCAB!!!

Any self respecting captain of a non-loco airline who is determined to maintain his standard of life should refuse to fly with someone who has "cut their teeth" with FR. Its like robbing Peter to pay Paul, he's responsible for taking money out of your pocket mate.
Any self respecting captain of a non-loco airline at the moment is probably experiencing pay cuts, unpaid leave, demotion, redundancy or the very real threat of these. Like it or not, the market evolves, and those that don't move with the times become extinct. In a free market it's survival of the fittest and much to the dismay of the legacy carriers, Ryanair is fitter than them. Just as the striking postal workers are discovering, if you can't adapt to a changing market you become obsolete.

I don't like declining terms and conditions one bit, but I didn't make it happen, I just have to make the best of it. Perhaps your 'self-respecting captains' should all walk out on strike. See how well that fixes your airlines and their Ts&Cs.

This is now the worst recession since records began. If you think the industry will not feel any effects from that you're living in a dream world. If you think resisting change with some sort of Scargillite beligerence will see you through, you're in for a shock. This is the way things are now. The 'old-hands' who point the finger of blame for the world economy at Ryanair cadets need to think what they would do in their position. I hope the good times return. I really do.

Last edited by Torque Tonight; 3rd Nov 2009 at 15:36.