PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2009, 10:21
BigNumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-AWZK,

A most valuable insight into the commercial doctrine behind these collective schemes. Thank you.

The thread silence is deafening; I hope, and expect, all the potential participants are reviewing their options.

I have often aired a concern that BRK do not offer a minimum guaranteed hours per month. Surely if the contract had any integrity this would be included in their terms. Without this an infinite number of BRK cadets can be recruited, 'milked', and then offered ever diminishing hours as more eager punters arrive.

It is easy to understand the accountants glee, I'd be chuffed too! Prospective workers willing to do anything to achieve eventual employment. ( Even pay to work initially - FR aside ). The job really isn't that great.

I can still see why FR appeals to the many. Frankly I can even understand those 'paying to fly'; what is the remaining option other than impressing their 'laughing mates' with their useless 'Blue Books'. Rather like the losing gambler at the roulette table, if you keep spending it might come good? An immediate return, post training, to a non flying employment will doubtless attract the 'scoff' of 'friends of the family'. It is very British to take pleasure in others struggle, and that has got do hurt when huge sums of money have been 'spunked' on a impossible dream?

Spend more money and this social indignity can be swerved behind the mirage of 'gold bars' and 'white shirts'! Speaking of which, best I go and iron mine!