PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2009, 17:10
irishpilot1990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Beak, March 2007:

Quote:
I am 22, have a PPL and have the money to complete the rest of my ATPL training with Oxford through their 'Waypoint' programme. I also have the opportunity to go to Sandhurst and be in the Army for 4 years and then do my pilot training. I do not have a degree though I did do a couple of years at uni doing Mechanical Engineering. Ultimately like everyone else on here, I am sure I want to be a commercial pilot. Is it going to add any value to someone like myself doing the Army for 4 years and then being qualified to fly at 27 or am I just as well off being 23 with an ATPL? I am interested to hear peoples opinions especially from those qualififed or who have jobs............

Thanks very much.

P.S. Army Air Corps is not an option as it would tie me into the Army for too long and would get me a military helo licence with not many hours which I do not see much value in. I have passed both Royal Naval and Army pilot selection and do not want to go down that road.
How did you manage to go from a silly little ppl holder to an all knowing chief test/training/super pilot in around 2.5 years?? I'm very impressed.
"

End quote....

And

"No I am not currently flying for an airline unfortunately. I have done in the past and will do in the future."

Funny, something doesnt add up that in MAR 2007 you had a PPL..so earliest you could have had a frozen ATPL was JAN 2008.
And in the following 18months you managed to find an airline who would give you a free type rating and then let you go in that short space of time!!!

And your the one painting life outside Ryanair as been better?!?how?
maybe in 2007 if you went to Ryanair you might be near the LHS now!!Correction you would be!