PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - mall cop fines
Thread: mall cop fines
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2009, 14:17
145qrh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably sounds like my cat coughing up a furball .

The question for many is how much of this crap is enough? Ek mis-managers will change at some point but the tent dwellers control freakish attitudes will always be there. It has been pushed below the surface in some ME countries for a few years for financial reasons, but it always comes bubbling back to the surface, because when all said and done they just don't like "us" , and by us I mean anyone who does not share their 12th century view of the world.

And for all those who say it can't happen in Dubai, remember back to Iran of the early seventies, Uncle Sams bestest pal, movies, bars,brand new F14's on the flight line. Now fast forward 30 years to Dubai, women have to dress in a more conservative way, malls are back playing call to prayer , X-mas was a non-event in most malls last year because of a vocal minority, more and more internet censorship.

Now the kids have to sing the national anthem, they want to make Arabic a core subject in my local British school, otherwise the ministry marks them down a grade or two. What is next on the step to Talibinisation, prayer practice for 5 year olds ? Refusing liqor licenses for new watering holes ? I dread to think, because I am sure it will be worse than we imagine , probably quicker too.

I look forward the day I catch the freedom bird out of town ..It will be goodbye to the hypocrisy , slavery, double standards, the white flashing menace on the road , the pig ignorance of the local females. That day can't come quickly enough for me.

pause for breath, rant over ,and out .