PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA PPL at EFT, Florida - experiences anyone?
Old 14th Oct 2009, 00:42
destinationsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
I am at EFT at the mo. They have done everything they said they would and more.
I would not hesitate in recommending them!
I started here on the 24th of September and went solo within 6 days. I did my cross country qualifier today and have my check ride on Friday. Things move pretty rapidly!
All i would say is try and get some exams done before you come and make sure you do alot of studying before you leave for the USA. It is very difficult studying for 7 exams whilst learning checklists etc. Its pretty intense!
I did 2 exams before i left the UK and i wish i did more!
A lot of people say that you do not get any "weather" over here apart from sun. trust me, thats rubbish! You get very fast developing storm clouds and relatively high winds at times (hopefully not in the form of hurricanes!)and fast moving rain showers. The turbulence is also a problem at the hotter times of the day. Not too bad when you become more confident but a slight problem when you are trying to learn! Adds to the experience though.
Before i chose EFT, i came out and looked at OBA. OBA seemed ok but EFT were always my 1st choice. OFT are part of Cabair and i know an ex Cabair instructor who has said that OFT are not so good. I have no experience so i couldnt comment!
Anyway, EFT are very good and as stated in the previous post, the time frame will depend on the students ability and how much work they put in.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
Mike