PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2009, 19:28
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not offering a retraction or an apology because I haven't personally offended anyone. The views, opinions and words that I speak are, to my mind, matter of fact. I do however apologise if I have raised your blood pressure at all TT.

Me calling such people parasites is no more a misnomer than you saying I am sabotaging and hijacking these threads.

I am not unemployed however I am not an employed pilot at the moment. I am in some pilot holdpools and I am waiting longingly to be picked up. I do believe that not taking the easy, expensive and short term option is the correct option for me and anyone else. If I wasn't in the holdpools I would feel the same.

The fact of the matter is most, and not all, Ryanair TR trainees have paid for the training on the back of their parents homes. I would put the level of debt, including the term, for the average uni graduate Ryanair pilot at about £175000. That is insane. It shouldn't be an option.

If you're an ex RAF guy or girl that has served their full commission, time may not be so on your side, training debts will be far less and I can see some logic to a Ryanair TR for someone like yourself......for what it is worth.