PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2009, 15:29
One9iner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to drag this thread back into the limelight after a fairly quiet few days in here....

I’ve been wanting to make a point about the atmosphere within the CTC Wings thread on Pprune for a while. Please note I haven't been through the whole selection process (yet) and do not work for, or for anyone involved with CTC. I do however, know a few who have been through the selection process & are still within the system.

I think and hope you agree, that during the current economic mess we're in (UK/Europe/World!) the views and experiences of others in here who have been through the CTC/Oxford/FTE/Cabair machine, are not pretty reading sentences and paragraphs; but they do however offer ‘in the face’, valued, real life stories from which all of us 'wannabes' must use as an asset of information. This asset must be used while deciding which opinion to believe, piece of advice to use, story to remember, FTO to choose, mod/int decision, UK/US/NZ preferred base bla etc… .yadada.. bla etc bla etc.... etc...during our bloody massive decision process !!!!!

I am one of many who have hit 'TheBeak' and co. with a few words of 'ok we get it, it's sh1t right now, we know, leave it' ... but when it comes to the crunch, the crumb these guys are swallowing is a massive weight on their shoulders, and in turn a massive spot on an otherwise rose tinted sunset for you and I as we all decide the timing of our personal dive into the industry.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the continuous, and relentless message from 'TheBeak, WWW and co' that we've got the currency sh1ts right now, and nobody knows what unsustainable future we have, and we could be worse off by March 2010, Jan 2011, Feb 2018... BUT!!! This is a message from the people within the hole... This IS an opinion that doesn't put a smile on my face, but it's an opinion we all MUST listen to, and use when making decisions, especially one that will implicate our lives forever, and of others who we care for!!

One gripe I still have though, is the fact that we all – me included- , from whatever backgrounds, ages, nations, positions etc… we come from; we all share the same passion of flying, but still manage to verbally rip chunks out of one and another.... I appreciate real life advice, but let’s keep it informative, and let’s keep it polite. You never know, we may end up flying with each other, and if we don't get on during our Pprune exchanges, we'll be forced to swallow a big Ikea sized bag of CRM when it comes to the real thing!!!

Regards