PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2009, 22:00
paarmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's get back to basics.
Excelsis and Middlesbrough FC management teams have more credibility than Teesside airport's.They have lost 2/3 rds of their customers in 2 years. It's a shambles. The Management Team have to stand up and be counted ,take responsibility and go.
The airport needs a new start and that includes the name.Either revert to the name by which it is known Europe wide or choose a name which has some connection to the area. Personally I favour Parmo International which has a certain local flavour ( but there again I may be biased ).
I know that these posts are seen by the "Mangement Team" so have the courage to do the right thing. GO!
Sorry I must go on with this rant.
Until 2 years ago the baggage reclaim signs still said Teesside. The signs on all major routes still say Teesside as the Highways Agency say that it would confuse motorists by sending them in the direction of DTV when it is nowhere near Durham. This is the truth and ask the Highways Agency for confirmation. ALL airports I have travelled back to the UK from in bucket and spade Europe still call it Teesside. This is the emperors new clothes syndrome.
I've taken several deep breaths and I am now calm.