PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Systolic Heart Murmur Question.
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2009, 13:30
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

davelongdon!
Jut angers me I got signed off with the all clear when I was younger.
What an absolutely atrocious attitude. The vast majority of people would be delighted to be given the all clear. If the doctors who were dealing with you considered that you were clear at the time why would they not tell you that? Do you think they should have known that you wanted to be a pilot? Not that that would have made the slightest difference to their diagnosis, why should it? Medical History is exactly that - HISTORY. Whether or not it will affect your ability to gain a Commercial Licence may depend on your history but your history is precisely that and cannot be altered. The fact remains that you had / have a cardiac murmur. If the Cardiac Consultant decided it was harmless then there is a good chance that the CAA will too. Did you bother to declare it at your PPL Medical? Or is that part of the problem? Has it crossed your mind that this might be a new problem totally unrelated to the original one - apart from the fact that it involves your heart?
In spite of your rather worrying, childish attitude and wish to blame others for your problem, I wish you well and hope all turns out well for you but please try to adopt a more mature, adult attitude to problems before you start flying commercially.