PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM Delayed Luggage
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2009, 07:43
barry lloyd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Travelled LPL-AMS-SVO ON 13th with KLM. My bag did not arrive at Sheremetyevo (Moscow) along with those of several other people. I wasn't called to be told this, and the person dealing with the problem tried, but there are five separate forms to be filled in (they do not allow duplicates in Russia). I then had to go to the Red Channel to have all this confirmed. More writing and stamping by customs, and then back to the desk. The only information they could offer was "Tomorrow-day". I checked it via the internet, and it arrived 24 hours later.
I was not given a full PIR, "Because we don't issue them any more". Try telling that to your friendly insurance company!
No money, no amenity bag - nothing. Sunday afternoon in Moscow (where everything is expensive), and no shops in the vicinity of the hotel. No help whatsoever. Bear in mind I am a Platinum-for-life card holder with KLM.
The same thing happened in May when I travelled LPL-AMS-GVA, also on a Sunday.
It seems that even the basic amenity bag has suffered the beancounter's knife nowadays, and again I was not offered any cash, or reimbursement of same.
Of course, I have contacted KLM regardring this, and am awating their reply. No doubt the disinterested crowd at Sheremetyevo are taking their time replying to the query, but I'm seriously thinking of taking my business elsewhere.
In order to complain, if you go onto their website, there is a system for contacting them, and they do acknowledge and respond.

Last edited by barry lloyd; 30th Sep 2009 at 07:46. Reason: To add info re contacting