PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM Delayed Luggage
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2009, 05:45
c2lass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLM Delayed Luggage

We flew from Aberdeen to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam to Munich on Saturday for a weeks holiday in Ruhpolding Bavaria. We arrived in Munich at 13.45 on Saturday 26th September.

On entering the baggage collection area I heard an announcement calling for 2 pax, one which was us. Went to the KLM baggage desk and we were advised that both mine and hubby's cases are still in AMS and would be on the next flight which would be around 5pm. We were given the necessary property report and advised we could spend 100e each for emergency items. We were also advised they were hopeful our bags would be delivered to our holiday apartment we were staying, Sat evening or Sunday morning at the lastest.

We arrived in Ruhpolding early evening. No baggage arrived, so Sunday morning we waited around. We were also advised we could check the status on line which was just showing "luggage being traced". We were quite alarmed at this so phoned the helpline (phone batteries and laptop batteries getting very low now as chargers in luggage) We were now being told that "our luggage had been traced" Erm I thought it was traced yesterday! Anyway we were now advised it would be on the 7pm flight (couldn't find a 7pm flight myself but nevermind). I explained I had the bulk of some medication in my luggage which I needed that night so the female I spoke to said she would pass on the urgency. She said she would try and get our luggage to us Sun night but it would probably me Monday. We hung around again on Monday waiting, then we got a SMS saying "luggage had been traced and would be delivered by DPD (Deutsche Post) on Tuesday 29th September.

So, Ruhpolding is 1 hour 20 mins from Munich and apparantly our bags were in Munich Monday lunch but we couldn't have them until Tuesday?

We are here on a walking holiday and we have nothing but the clothes we travelled in. All the shops were closed on Sunday so couldn't buy anything. They provided us with 2 wash bags but unbelievable they didn't have any soap or shampoo.

Our bags arrived at 11.30 yesterday (Tuesday) so yet again another day waiting round and another day of our holiday wasted, We have now lost 2.5 days of our weeks holiday due to this.

The laugh of it is the property report where you can track and trace offers any questions can be answered by email so on Sunday morning I sent an email asking someone to contact us urgently re our baggage. I got a reply some 12 hours later telling me KLM Nederlands cannot help me!!! The email I sent was on the contact section of the track and trace of KLM.

When we get home I am obviously going to write a strong letter of complaint and would be grateful if anyone can provide me with a senior KLM contact who I can direct my complaint.

Thank you.