PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2009, 14:51
cargoattendant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's in for us?

My apologies as my last post did not go through so I’m a little disappointed I’ve had to retype it
Now I must admit I agree with Peg, the union has never done me any favours in times of need, infact backtracked and told me they did not make such statements or recommendations.
Nonetheless, I joined the union as it provides a voice for crew and an “insurance” for my job should crew ever need to strike which may well happen considering the new Award presented from the “Award Modernisation” process.
I have also attempted on many occasions to be a voice for crew to dispute extra duties imposed on us which may be considered illegal. It is unfortunate that crew do continue to be afraid of management and disciplinary action and thus continue to accept 11 or 12 hour duties imposed.
Remember back to our initials/EP days where we were told 80% was pass mark (as per CASA regs) but even when we passed (say 85% for example) we were told the company expected over 90% and demanded a “chat” with crew to determine the cause of such “dismal performance” in their eyes.
This is one silly example of the company making us out to feel bad for trying our best. They have continued, with success to adjust crew to doing long hours. A slow transgression results in crew getting used to such duties and the company making an easy transition for themselves to a crappy EBA/ Agreement.
Let’s not forget back in 2007 when Virgin budgeted for an expected loss of $200 million per year for V Australia. It’s only $160 million posted now and they expect to save $5 million on a new EBA for Virgin Blue Cabin Crew. They are already doing better than expected. Crew shouldn’t be accepting the “CRY POOR” from management. Let’s not even mention the share offer to management back in June!
What about our Christmas present for 2008? A Link on the internet to a music clip! Thanks for comin!

Hmmmm wonder what we'll get for 2009, maybe an email from management saying everybody has agreed to forgo presents for this year as we will donate $10,000 to x charity. Ahhhh....yes cynical I am.