PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2009, 00:29
CBR_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
youn missed my point

Talk about shooting the messenger! Just to clarify...
being more helpful out online with recruiting and informing crew. There are plenty of crew doing that now. Once we are all on the same page then with the majority of crew at your back you can take what ever action is legal.
I am out there encouraging others to get on board every chance i get, and have been for years, my "friends" out on line up until recently have asked me to show them, or tell them what the union is doing for them? Because for so long they saw no action. You can sling it at me if you like, but for many years prior to recent times i.e. the past 6 months or so, we saw and heard very little from the union. I came to roadshows on my days off, i asked the tough questions, i can assure you i have been, and am continuing to be pro-active. So please don't suggest i get up off my butt and do something, i am.

and in response to your very witty post shoppingcart (and i say that sincerely, nicely written!)
although I didnt see your name on the transcript

By the way thanks for speaking out and all the lobbying you did for the increase to our overnight allowance; that fight was tough, love, but worth pursuing. At least now part of my income is still up with the cost of living.

I was wondering who attended Fair Work Australia and spoke up for us about the way VB is not bargaining properly - so that was you?
No, i wasn't there in person, but that's what my union fees pay for. The FAAA is meant to do those things on it's members behalf. I shouldn't be made to feel guilty for not doing it myself, I have employed the FAAA for that purpose. Isn't that the point of membership?

Last edited by CBR_1; 4th Sep 2009 at 00:50.